[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Yet Another IPSEC <-> Win Question
 Date:  Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:52:24 -0500
Jan Walzer wrote:

> Hi ...
>
> Anybody can give me a concrete answer, that my Information is correct?
>
> So far, Win2k and XP are not able to build an IPsec-Connection to m0n0?
> M0n0 can only work with preshared Keys?
> Win2k/XP can only work with certificates?
> There exists 3rd-Party-Software for Win, to connect per IPsec?
> Where can I find/test this Software?
>

> Jan Walzer
>
> PS: How about Linux-Clients, connecting to m0n0? Which software?

Win2k and WinXP are able to build an IPSec connection to m0n0wall.
See how to configure Windows to connect to a typical IPSec VPN endpoint
router.
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/Sections-print-article54.php

Read about and get Microsoft's L2TP/IPSec NAT-T Update for Windows XP
and Windows 2000 if you've not updated recently (tsk tsk tsk).

Read Manuel (or Falcor's?) documentation with pictures on how to
configure m0n0wall to accept IPSec connections.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docs/node/view/38

m0n0wall can only work with preshared keys.

Free 3rd party IPSec clients for Windows
SSH Sentinel free for personal and academic use
http://nts.wustl.edu/wireless/SSHSentinel1.3.2.2.exe

SafeNet SoftRemoteLT 9.2.1. (DES/3DES only)
http://www.sprintbiz.com/customer_center/product_support/vpn/

Intel NetStructure VPN Clinet 7.01 (DES/3DES, 256/192/128 AES)
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?ProductID=509&DwnldID=3559

Not Free but good IPSec clients for Windows (reasonably priced too)
The Greenbow IPSec Client 2.0
http://www.thegreenbow.com/vpn.html