[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Murphy" <barry at unix dot co dot nz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Wireless mesh
 Date:  Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:00:03 +1200
Hi,

I'm trying to setup m0n0wall on 5 machines located in different areas in
my town spanning 5km's or so. I have purchased 3 soekris machines and
have 2 standard machines, on all these boxes I use 200mw seano cards for
all machines. Well, the question is, is it possible to setup m0n0 as a
wireless mesh, drop one m0n0 wall off somewhere tell it where to connect
to and it'll connect to that location and act as an AP infrstructure at
the same time with just one card.

I know a simple search on google will show you can do this simply with
adhoc mode, but this isn't what I want to do, there is software simular
to m0n0wall that allows you to setup hotspot wireless meshes locations.

Has anyone done anything simular with m0n0wall and have multiple nodes
linking back to the main one. I'd love to hear how everyone has setup
their wireless networks.

Barry