[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless mesh
 Date:  Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:05:06 -0400
You can also check out http://socalfreenet.org, they seem to have done this
with some good success, or http://www.nycwireless.net/

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Murphy [mailto:barry at unix dot co dot nz]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 7:00 AM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject: [m0n0wall] Wireless mesh

Hi,

I'm trying to setup m0n0wall on 5 machines located in different areas in my
town spanning 5km's or so. I have purchased 3 soekris machines and have 2
standard machines, on all these boxes I use 200mw seano cards for all
machines. Well, the question is, is it possible to setup m0n0 as a wireless
mesh, drop one m0n0 wall off somewhere tell it where to connect to and it'll
connect to that location and act as an AP infrstructure at the same time
with just one card.

I know a simple search on google will show you can do this simply with adhoc
mode, but this isn't what I want to do, there is software simular to
m0n0wall that allows you to setup hotspot wireless meshes locations.

Has anyone done anything simular with m0n0wall and have multiple nodes
linking back to the main one. I'd love to hear how everyone has setup their
wireless networks.

Barry