[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Free Windows IP Sec VPN client? {Scanned}
 Date:  Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:11:15 -0500
KH Lau wrote:

> Windows2000 and XP only support PPTP work great with m0n0wall but
> m0nowall PPTP VPN only 16 concurrecnt connections also Window's not
> supported IPSec

Win2k and WinXP are able to build an IPSec connection to m0n0wall.
See how to configure Windows to connect to a typical IPSec VPN endpoint
router.
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/Sections-print-article54.php

Read about and get Microsoft's L2TP/IPSec NAT-T Update for Windows XP
and Windows 2000 if you've not updated recently (tsk tsk tsk).

Read Manuel (or Falcor's?) documentation with pictures on how to
configure m0n0wall to accept IPSec connections.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docs/node/view/38

m0n0wall can only work with preshared keys.

Free 3rd party IPSec clients for Windows
SSH Sentinel free for personal and academic use
http://nts.wustl.edu/wireless/SSHSentinel1.3.2.2.exe

SafeNet SoftRemoteLT 9.2.1. (DES/3DES only)
http://www.sprintbiz.com/customer_center/product_support/vpn/

Intel NetStructure VPN Clinet 7.01 (DES/3DES, 256/192/128 AES)
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?ProductID=509&DwnldID=3559