[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Hirsch <adam at baz dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall users <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall v1.0, Soekris net4511 wireless freezing?
 Date:  Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:26:06 -0400
Chet Harvey (chet at pittech dot com) wrote:

> Netgate uses the EnGenius (Senao) cards that are Prism II based for the
> PCMCIA and I have had no issues so far on a NET4521. My case came w/ 2 holes
> for antennas pre-drilled.

> Are you using the mini-pci card?

Haven't picked up a wireless card yet, though I was put off a little bit by
netgate's driver pages:

 http://www.netgate.com/5354AriesMP.html

 [...]
 - Is NOT compatible with the m0n0wall software on BSD 5

That seemed pretty unambiguous.  What's the model number for the netgate
card you're using?  Maybe I'm looking at the wrong model.

Otherwise I'll just wedge a Netgear MA311 in there, and drill a hole for
the antenna.  It's certainly a lot cheaper than the netgate cards...

Adam

--
 If (O.J. Simpson) is acquitted, I will renounce my citizenship.  And if I
 converse with him at a cocktail party, I will say, 'Well, there are so many