[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall users'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall v1.0, Soekris net4511 wireless freezing?
 Date:  Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:20:43 -0400
hehe, after I returned one of those G cards to Netgate, I suggested they
put up that notice about not working with monowall, but it should say ...on
BSD 4.9. The card is supported on BSD 5 but that's not what mono uses. I use
the EL-2511MP Plus, http://www.netgate.com/EL2511MP.html and it works
fantastic! Very long range when using their 5dbi antennae. Not yet got my
14dbi hooked to it and mounted on roof but I would expect very long range
with it. So far, I have not had the dreaded lockups that some users have
experienced, I am running a Soekris 4511 and all is sailing along just fine.
I also hinted to Soekris a while back that having a 4801 with wireless
capability would be very nice, my ultimate would be a 4801 with minipci for
vpn accellerator and pcmcia for wireless, guess I have to dream some more...

Dave