[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dave C." <mono at comm dot it>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] USB Network Adaptors
 Date:  Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:02:53 +0200
>It's easy to add the USB support just by recompiling the kernel
> though.

Unfortunately this isn't exacty the case.

I tried to recompile the kernel recently using the official "mono"
configuration files, but the kernel sizes and modules size didn't match
those in the official m0n0 release. Further, trying to use those custom
compiled kernels in mono resulted in some things not working. For example
dummynet doesn't work at all and when I enable the shaping it prints an
error on the console and blocks all packets in and out of the firewall.

It appears that Manuel's kernel includes some patches which are not standard
in 4.9bsd. I could not find a mention on the patchset used.

Is there a way to get a patch list and/or patch sources so that the kernel
can be rebuilt? Or perhaps there's a hidden backdoor in there (just
kidding.... but the kernel and modules that I produces were much smaller
than the ones from Manuel, hence the doubth).

Dave.