[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bennett, Scott" <sbennett at pathaxis dot com>
 To:  "Chet Harvey" <chet at pittech dot com>, "zealot" <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: Re: [m0n0wall] Free Windows IP Sec VPN client? {Scanned}
 Date:  Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:36:01 -0500
ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/befvp41ug.pdf

I used this document from linksys that tells you how to make an IPSEC
VPN to their box without a client.

See Appendix C:  Page 42-50

Obviously there are some tweaks along the way however this is a way to
do it, without the client.

Sorry it's been a few weeks since I did mine otherwise I would write a
doc, I will see if I can next week.

From: zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
Cc: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Date: 16/04/04 15:12

> KH Lau wrote:
>
> &gt; Windows2000 and XP only support PPTP work great with m0n0wall but
> &gt; m0nowall PPTP VPN only 16 concurrecnt connections also Window's
not
> &gt; supported IPSec
> &gt;
> &gt; -----Original Message-----
> &gt; From: David Shaw [mailto:maillist at computer dash medic dot us]
> &gt; Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 10:28 PM
> &gt; To: KH Lau; m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> &gt; Cc: m0n0wall-return-4941-maillist=ke6upi dot com at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> &gt; Subject: Re: [m0n0wall] Free Windows IP Sec VPN client? {Scanned}
> &gt;
> &gt; Windows 200X and XP it's built in. I use the built in VPN on
Windows
> &gt; 2000 Pro everyday. Works great with m0n0wall.
> &gt;
> &gt; David
> &gt;
> &gt; --
> &gt; Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt; ---------- Original Message -----------
> &gt; From: &quot;KH Lau&quot; &lt;KH dot Lau at wongswec dot com&gt;
> &gt; To: &lt;m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch&gt;
> &gt; Sent: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:06:52 +0800
> &gt; Subject: [m0n0wall] Free Windows IP Sec VPN client? {Scanned}
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt;&gt;Does any free IP Sec VPN client available for download?
>
> Win2k and WinXP are able to build an IPSec connection to m0n0wall.
> See how to configure Windows to connect to a typical IPSec VPN
endpoint
> router.
> http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/Sections-print-article54.php
>
> Read about and get Microsoft's L2TP/IPSec NAT-T Update for Windows XP
> and Windows 2000 if you've not updated recently (tsk tsk tsk).
>
> Read Manuel (or Falcor's?) documentation with pictures on how to
> configure m0n0wall to accept IPSec connections.
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/docs/node/view/38
>
> m0n0wall can only work with preshared keys.
>

> Free 3rd party IPSec clients for Windows
> SSH Sentinel free for personal and academic use
> http://nts.wustl.edu/wireless/SSHSentinel1.3.2.2.exe
>
> SafeNet SoftRemoteLT 9.2.1. (DES/3DES only)
> http://www.sprintbiz.com/customer_center/product_support/vpn/
>
> Intel NetStructure VPN Clinet 7.01 (DES/3DES, 256/192/128 AES)

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?ProductID=509
&amp;DwnldID=3559