[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eddie Fernandez" <eddiefdz at netrox dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Net4501 Slows Down
 Date:  Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:34:30 -0400
I recently changed from a standard 486 pc which I was using for m0n0wall
to a Soekris Net5401 board. It seems that after I have it running and I
have my machines doing multiple things my throughput comes down to a
hault. The X86 machine that I was using before was a 133mhz with 64mgs
of ram and a 32mg flash disk. The Net4501 is pretty much the same thing,
it has the 133mhz cpu, with 64mg ram, and I have a 32mg CF card on it.
The slow down was not occurring with the standard x86 pc but for some
reason it happens with the 4501. Has anyone had similar problems. I have
the latest Bios on the net4501. Like I mentioned, I booted up the
net4501, had my machines doing all sorts of web downloads. A couple of
minutes after being booted the net4501 was getting great throughput but
after a couple of hours I was down to a 30kb download speed from my
usual 1.2megabit and like I said, its not happening with the 486 system.
Could it be that the Net4501 is running out of memory and thus causing
the problem? I just find that weird because the 486 machine also has the
same amount of ram. Any ideas? Please help.

Eddie Fernandez

Director, IT/Production

Ruds, Inc. d.b.a. Management Technologies

305-256-0429 Ext.109

305-254-5900 (Fax)