[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jan Walzer" <j dot walzer at itcampus dot de>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Yet Another IPSEC <-> Win Question
 Date:  Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:59:50 +0200
zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net> wrote:
> Jan Walzer wrote:
>
>>  Hi ...
>>  Anybody can give me a concrete answer, that my Information is correct?
>>  So far, Win2k and XP are not able to build an IPsec-Connection to m0n0?
>> M0n0 can only work with preshared Keys?
>> Win2k/XP can only work with certificates?
>> There exists 3rd-Party-Software for Win, to connect per IPsec?
>> Where can I find/test this Software?
>>   Jan Walzer
>>  PS: How about Linux-Clients, connecting to m0n0? Which software?
>>
> Win2k and WinXP are able to build an IPSec connection to m0n0wall.
> See how to configure Windows to connect to a typical IPSec VPN endpoint
> router.
> http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/Sections-print-article54.php

I did...

> Read about and get Microsoft's L2TP/IPSec NAT-T Update for Windows XP
> and Windows 2000 if you've not updated recently (tsk tsk tsk).

Are these supplied by WindowsUpdate? If so, I'm fine...

> Read Manuel (or Falcor's?) documentation with pictures on how to
> configure m0n0wall to accept IPSec connections.
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/docs/node/view/38

I've read this too.

> m0n0wall can only work with preshared keys.

OK. So one question remains.
Will the setup work with Roadwarrior-MobileClients?
So, will it work with dynamic IPs?

The point is, that PPTP is not suitable for our needs, and we
want the security through an IPsec-Tunnel (OpenVPN isn't yet
available in M0n0). So What I found so far for Windows is, that
it will only work with Certs and static IPs, but I'll reread the texts
mentioned, and try to see what I missed...

Thanks so far ...

--
itCampus Software und Systemhaus GmbH
Leipzig Halle Wittenberg