[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Murphy" <barry at unix dot co dot nz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Soekris purchase
 Date:  Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:38:58 +1200
Hi,

I've been trying to purchase 3 soekris net4521 machines and at the same
time have purchased goods from fab-corp and netgate. Soekris support
seems a bit slow, 1 email every 2 days (I'm in new zealand and trying to
stay awake is difficult when you don't get a response), I've already
received my fab-corp and netgate orders and just await soekris to put my
order through.

I originally ordered 3 of the machines and 3 PoE's and asked for
shipping costs to Auckland New Zealand. My first email response was a
paste from http://www.soekris.com/net4521.htm of what the machines are,
nothing about shipping prices or anything. I then emailed back and asked
for shipping prices again, 2 days later I received the quote for 3
soekris machines and shipping. I then asked if the machines came with
PoE as per the "How to Buy" page...

net4521-30: 133 Mhz CPU, 64 Mbyte SDRAM, 2 Ethernet, 1 Serial, CF
socket, 1 Mini-PCI socket, Dual PC-Card socket, PoE.

I was then sent an email saying I think the part you want is 31954804...
I reply back saying yes, please give me a quote and payment email
address for paypal. Next I receive a quote for 3 soekris machines (with
box's which I didn't want), 3 PoE devices and shipping.

Do I need the cases, the machines are going into waterproof enclosures,
and I don't believe the case has anything else like ram etc, just a
plain old case, correct?

Barry