[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Fady Makar" <fady dot makar at mapds dot com dot au>
 To:  "M0n0Wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  System Logging in cdrom-pb15r486.iso
 Date:  Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:11:19 +1000

I have noticed that under the system logging option in the new release of
M0n0Wall that it displays the following:

syslog sends UDP datagrams to port 514 on the specified remote syslog
server. Be sure to set syslogd on the remote server to accept syslog
messages from m0n0wall.

Basically I need to know apart from ticking all options in that screen under
the logging and providing the IP address of the remote logging server what
else do I need to do in order to get the logs to the remote server...

Much appreciated

Fady Makar

Network Administrator
MapData Sciences Pty Ltd
fady dot makar at mapds dot com dot au
Office: (02) 8436 2816
Fax:    (02) 8436 2888
Mobile: 0411 628 590
      Level 2, 156 Pacific Highway Greenwich Sydney NSW 2065