[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPsec over two ADSL links
 Date:  Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:55:26 -0400
On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 07:45:25PM +0200, Magne Andreassen wrote:
> are there any alternatives to racoon for *BSD?
>
> Magne

While it isn't IPSec there is a VPN solution that is open sourced that
can handle dynamic addressing at both ends, and works on *BSD, MacOS X,
Linux, and even Win32, and that is openvpn.  http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now (although not with m0n0wall
of course) with no problems at all.

I for one would love to see support for OpenVPN in m0n0wall, and have
considered trying to add it myself...  Just as soon as I build up a
FreeBSD machine to develop on.

jim gifford