[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPsec over two ADSL links
 Date:  Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:22:23 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Jim Gifford wrote:

> While it isn't IPSec there is a VPN solution that is open sourced that
> can handle dynamic addressing at both ends, and works on *BSD, MacOS X,
> Linux, and even Win32, and that is openvpn.  http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/

Yep, I've been looking into that, too - looks nice and simple (only one
UDP port, so that should take care of all the NAT problems people are
having with PPTP and IPsec). The only thing the Win32 client is lacking is
some kind of simple GUI for users who don't understand configuration
files and command lines.

> I for one would love to see support for OpenVPN in m0n0wall, and have
> considered trying to add it myself...  Just as soon as I build up a
> FreeBSD machine to develop on.

That would be really cool. :)

- Manuel