[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David HM Spector <spector at zeitgeist dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Basic PPTP config question.
 Date:  Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:19:50 -0400
I've just set up a m0n0wall andI could use some advise/suggestions on
the correct PPTP configuration:

My basic configuration is very simple

(Internet)<--->a.b.c.d[M0n0wall]192.168.1.1<---xover-cable--
 >192.168.1.3[protected server]

\where:
    a.b.c.d is the outside interface (net1) of the m0n0wall and
interface to the Internet

    192.168.1.1 is the inside interface (net0) of the m0n0wall

    192.168.1.2 is the inside address of the PPTP connection

    192.168.1.3 is the protected server

    192.168.1.32 is the beginning of the PPTP auto-allocations

I set the m0n0wall to be the PPTP server, no radius
I added firewalls rules to allow any protocol in either direction for
PPTP clients
I left the default rule in place that allows the inside LAN to get out
to anywhere using any protocol

The problem:

I can connect over the Internet to the m0n0wall using pptp, but I
cannot ping ether the inside address  of the m0n0wall or the protected
server; I also cannot  connect to the protected server via SSH, http,
etc...

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I missed setup for PPTP...?

regards,
  David
David HM Spector	 	                            spector (at
)zeitgeist.com
architecture/design/planning - security consultation - due diligence
Office:(631)261-5013                                            Cell:
(631)827-3132
Website: www.zeitgeist.com          Blog: zeitblog.zeitgeist.com:8668