[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Magne Andreassen" <magne dot andreassen at bluezone dot no>
 To:  "Marten" <wleiden at xs4all dot nl>, "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  "mono" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IPsec over two ADSL links
 Date:  Wed, 10 Sep 2003 00:24:23 +0200
> > At the moment I'd like to keep things the way they are now -
> contributions
> > can be submitted to me by e-mail, and I'll integrate them after making
> > sure (or at least trying to ;) that they'll work in all the possible
> > scenarios that m0n0wall could be used in.
>
> Ofcourse its free to do so. But I see people write there own patches and
> publish them. I think dat is a kind of waste to not combine al the
> patches and write with more people a better and completer firewall.

everyone is free to contribute code to m0n0wall, but Manuel decides if this
code should be included or not. It's his project, and if we disagree with
him, this list is here for us to enlighten him ;)

> if you say "or at least trying to" don't it mean that more only one can
> handle? Using a cvs makes it easy to develop. and it seems that at least
> a couple of people are willing to help :)

Many of us are, yes...but cvs'ing this project could be interesting...
I think that if you have an idea, ask Manuel, make the code or whatever
and send it over to him for verification and testing. If its good, im
sure he will include it. if not, try again...
Still it would be nice to have a little insight in what he is working
on at the moment, so this wont happen to me again:
the other day i wrote a little update on ipsec(enabling tunnels to other
interfaces/subnets than LAN), and forgot to tell Manuel first. When i
finally did ask him if he mind me looking into it, he had already written
it himself ;)
ok, his code was better than mine... BTW Manuel: maby you should display
witch local subnet/single host the ipsec tunnel is using? (on the list).

Magne