[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Duncan Thomas" <duncan at goldtel dot com dot au>
 To:  "Monowall " <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IPSec - Freeswan
 Date:  Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:36:05 +0800
Hi all.

First up - Kudos to all involved. Nice, simple installation for
wireless. After spending a week with Linux (and loosing my mind)
m0n0wall was a welcome relief.

I have set up an IPSec tunnel between m0n0wall and a Linux box. The Lan
to Lan bit works well but the Linux machine (Freeswan) is trying to set
up the additional tunnels for LAN to gateway and gateway to gateway
connections. As ever the internet is a source of too much information
and I can't work out how to deal with this.

Is it possible to define these additional tunnels through the web
interface or do I just work out how to switch them off on the Linux box.
It's causing a lot of errors in the logs and I get the feeling that the
three additional tunnels being presented to the m0n0wall box are
hampering the set up of the lan to lan connection.

Regards Duncan

Ps If anyone is interested for the hardware list. I have a couple of
Zoom air wireless cards (4105) and Texas instruments Pci to Pcmcia cards
working BSS IBSS and HOSTAP on the current version.