[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael <michael at winterland dot dhs dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DMZ setup on net4501?
 Date:  Thu, 11 Sep 2003 06:46:34 -0700 (PDT)
I just got my net4501 yesterday and I'm running m0n0wall on it now, it was very quick to get setup
and working fine.

one thing I am having a hard time figuring out is setting up a DMZ.  the net4501 came with 3
ethernet ports, Net 0 and Net 1 are being used by m0n0wall as the lan and wan ports and its working
fine but nowhere in the m0n0wall web config can I setup a DMZ and it doesnt mention sis2 (Net 2).

in the screenshots on the homepage for m0n0, there it shows a DMZ interface along with the wan and
lan?

I downloaded and manually edited the config.xml, and added this:

<dmz>
	<if>sis2</if>
        <ipaddr>172.16.0.1</ipaddr>
	<subnet>12</subnet>
</dmz>

under <interfaces> .    this seemed to bring up the 3rd ethernet interface with that ip address,
because if I went to the "ping" section of the m0n0wall page I could ping that 172.16.0.1 address.
however I still had no options anywere to configure a DMZ on this interface.

what am I missing ?  I also tried older release 14 and it had the same thing