[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Greg Sims" <greg underscore sims at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic Shaping: Limit LAN Except One IP
 Date:  Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:38:59 -0700
I limited the bandwidth of all ip addresses on the LAN using the rule that
is included on the web site:

	If=LAN, Proto=TCP, Source=*, Port=*, Destination=LAN Net,
	Port=*, Bandwidth=256, Delay=Nul, Mask=destination

This is working well as my ip address receives 256 kbps.

There are some special ip addresses on the network (mine!) where I don't
want to limit bandwidth.  I tried adding the following second rule:

 	If=LAN, Proto=TCP, Source=*, Port=*, Destination=192.168.1.10,
	Port=*, Bandwidth=5000, Delay=Nul, Mask=Nul

My ip address is still limited to 256 kbps when this second rule is in
place.  I also tried Mask=destination and had the same results.  Perhaps
this is because both rules are being applied to my ip address and the 256
rule is more restrictive.

Does anyone have ideas on how to get this working?  Also, is this the best
way to specify these rules to minimize the multiple rule performance
impacts?

Thanks, Greg