[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPsec over two ADSL links
 Date:  Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:39:44 +0200 (CEST)
Christos Dionissopoulos said:
> Try to put a rule with unlimited bandwidth (100MB) with IP(s) you dont
> want any limit included, firstly,  and after that,  the place
> the "limiting rule" to whole network (256KB per-ip basis or not).
> Thats the way that works in IPFW command line, and i believe that works
> the same way in m0n0wall.

No - folks, please read the notes in the webGUI! Here's what it says on
the traffic shaper page:

"Note: if a packet matches multiple rules, it will be processed by all of
them (delays will be summed up)."

So the rule order does not matter (if it would, we'd have to have some
kind of provision to change it).

- Manuel