[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Suraj K. Rai" <surajrai at mac dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Remote Syslogging ...
 Date:  Tue, 16 Sep 2003 02:42:57 +0900
On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 02:10  am, Suraj K. Rai wrote:

>> What about Diagnostics: System logs: Settings (tab)?
>
> Ahh...didn't notice the grey tab.  I must be going blind.  Thanks!

Btw what is the proper way to log the output to a file on the syslogd
server?

I tried adding the folllowing to /etc/syslog.conf:

#+gateway
*.*					/var/log/gateway.log

Where gateway is the hostname of the m0n0wall box but the messages
still get sent to /var/log/messages.
I restarted the syslogd but to no avail.  Any ideas as to what I am
doing wrong?

Apologies for the off topic question.

Thanks,

S.r.