[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andy Ciordia <andy dot ciordia at pgdc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Trying to Grok, need an assist. (routeable+nonrouteable)
 Date:  Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:51:59 -0400
Problem:  I have a firewall that needs ASAP replacing, its running
SunScreen EFS.  I'm coming from a network that has had two functions.

1. Class C routeable space that runs all of our production vehicles,
accessed through group'd restrictions.
2. Non-Routeable Nat'd User Space, with rules also applied.

I know the non-routeable space is an easy one, thats what most of these
canned firewalls do best.  However, how do we handle the class C now?
In m0n0wall is this what is considered a static route?

I also have seen that no (free) firewall solution is grouping
servers/rules together. Can someone tuck that into a drawer for future
ideas? (ie group all production ip's together and then make a rule for
that group to say allow http/insert allowance/rejections here)

I've got m0n0 up and running but I can't just experiment on this while
the day is running so I've got it hooked up to a hub of its own and am
configuring from a laptop.  I don't feel like I've got the complete grok
and any assistance that can be thrown on this would be apprecaited.

Thanks for the clue,

-a