[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James" <james at mobileconnect1 dot com>
 To:  "M0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] working with a 4521
 Date:  Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:18:28 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Bart Smit [mailto:bit at pipe dot nl]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 1:31 PM
To: James

James wrote:

> can anyone help or tell me or even point me in the right direction on
> how I can edit the boot, kernel.gz, mfsroot.gz and conf files to make
> changes?  I was able to stop the boot in a terminal to get the ls, I
> do have a linux machine and a windows machine, just need to know how to
edit those files.

You will have to unzip them and mount them. They are UFS file system images.
Not sure if Linux supports that. Better do it natively on FreeBSD.

--B

Ok, what is the difference between the generic img and the 45## img? I realy
need to get a .sh script to load for a device.  It is basicaly a pcmcia
dialup modem that I am using for my connection and that I want to pass to
the RJ45 and wi-fi.  If anyone can help or even walk me through that would
be great because that means I use this for my project and I can pass
founding to m0n0wall.  I am a newbe to linux and bsd so give a person a
chance here.

Thank you