[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mohamed Badri <mohamed at netbadri dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  "Grilli, Laurent" <lgrilli at be dot tiauto dot com>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] monowall + vrrp
 Date:  Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:49:24 +0200
Now I need to use vrrp, because other software in my network
understand this protocol ( like keepalived  ).

But the current freevrrpd version ( 0.8.7 ) have a problem with device drivers
who don't support ioctl call : SIOCGIFMEDIA. Correction was made in current cvs
version, so now I'll try with cvs version.

I'm going to have a look on carp, it's really interresting and do all what
I need but without vrrp.

did you already test this config ( pfsync + carp ) ?

Selon "Grilli, Laurent" <lgrilli at be dot tiauto dot com>:

> Perhaps just to late but have a look at carp
> http://www.countersiege.com/doc/pfsync-carp/
>
> This one seems the prefered way for openBSD folks and it has been ported to
> FreeBSD ... 5.x
> http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/carp.html
>
> And just for my knowledge, it would be nice to know what Manuel think about
> using pf/altq under Freebsd in the future as a replacement of ipfw
> dummynet/ipfilter ? I know that current is not yet the way to go...
>

> Anyway thanks for this great product !
>
> Laurent

!       Gnu/Linux et Logiciels Libres         !
!  Sair Linux and GNU Certified Professional  !
!            11 rue Mottet de Gerando         !
!            69001 Lyon                       !
!   Tel. 04.72.98.81.46 / 06.72.71.71.94      !

http://webmail.netbadri.com