[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ross Bateman" <r dot bateman at workmanufacturing dot com>
 Subject:  m0n0wall noob and NAT
 Date:  Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:08:16 +0200
Hi

I am a noob to firewalling and have been struggeling to setup a decent
firewall for some time now. Along comes m0n0wall and the basics are simple
and do the job I want them to.

I have setup a test enviro with a m0n0wall and a web server behind it.

m0n0 LAN: 192.168.1.1
m0n0 WAN: C.C.C.126 (I have a full C Class for my company)

Internal Web Server: 192.168.1.10

The outside World should see my Web Server as C.C.C.123

I setup a Server NAT: External IP = C.C.C.123

Inbound NAT:
External Address: C.C.C.123 (From Server NAT)
Proto: TCP
External Port Range: HTTP
NAT IP: 192.168.1.10
Local Port: HTTP
and put a tick in the auto-add firewall rule

Firewall Rules reads as follows:
Proto: TCP
Source: *
Port: *
Destination: 192.168.1.10
Port: 80 (HTTP)

If I try to surf my Web Server from outside my secure LAN, I get nothing.
(Surfing from inside, 192.168.1.# works like a charm using 192.168.1.10)

Like I say, I am a noob so I am not sure firstly if I did this right and
secondly if I am missing something here.

First prize for me would be to have my C-Class on both sides of the
m0n0wall.

Thanks for any input,

Ross