[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andy Lee <m0n0wall at trigger dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Beta version 1.1b6 available
 Date:  Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:13:03 -0400
We're getting a problem that might be related to this MTU problem
with an IPSEC-based VPN that connects two offices across the internet
with one side connected to the internet via PPPoE.

Using ping to test packet sizes going across the IPSEC tunnel, it
appears that any packet larger than 1418 bytes will not get through
to the other side of the tunnel. I'm not sure if it is IPSEC, PPPoE,
or both that are causing this MTU limit.

Do these new changes/fixes address this particular problem?

Will clamping the MTU/MSS on just the LAN interfaces of our two
m0n0wall-based routers fix this?

Thanks,

Andy