[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dennis Wallberg" <dennis dot wallberg at bredband dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SV: [m0n0wall] Help/Documentation with Traffic Shaper
 Date:  Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:19:18 +0200
Hi
I read the traffic_shaper.txt and I have one question. "For assymetric
WAN connections, it is important to ensure that all pipes and queues
exists in pairs, one for each direction, and that these have the
apropriate bandwidth specifications". Do I really have to have
pipes/queues for inbound traffic? Would it not be sufficient with
rules/pipes/queues on by outbound traffic since this it the only traffic
I really can control?!

/Dennis