[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dennis Wallberg" <dennis dot wallberg at bredband dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SV: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0 - traffic_shaper
 Date:  Sun, 25 Apr 2004 05:52:12 +0200
Hi!
I was not saying that inbound traffic shaping did not work just that it
is not sane to use inbound shaping when you have a xDSL/cable I-net
connection. The reason is simple, you donít have anything to do with
your inbound traffic unless you are ISP... limiting inbound traffic will
not achieve anything unless you have control of the edge routers which
you normally donít. I donít expect that this note will explain
everything to you but donít use inbound shaping =)

/Dennis