[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Olive <chris at technologEase dot com>
 To:  Phill R Kenoyer <phill at bmg50 dot com>
 Cc:  Barry Murphy <barry at unix dot co dot nz>, 'M0n0Wall' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall v1.0, Soekris net4511 wireless freezing?
 Date:  Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:48:32 -0500
Phill R Kenoyer wrote:

> All I've got to say is that FreeBSD nor Linux is good as an Access
> Point.  They always have some problem that locks them up.  If it's not
> the dreaded "Power Save Mode", then it's something else.

Hmm,  I hear the same thing from others echoed from time to time.  Once
I got the client to stop telling m0n0wall he was going to sleep, things
have been fine.  My m0n0wall running a wireless interface for AP has
been running fine for months without a single hitch (except the lone
exception mentioned.)  And that's with 5 wireless clients -- 4 W2K Pro
clients and one MacOS X running WEP 128.  (IPsec is on the dockett,
hopefully soon.)  So it takes a steady pounding...

chris
-----
Chris Olive
chris at technologEase dot com