[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  dave <dave at rodrig dot com>
 To:  Jason Crowley <jcrowley at kc dot rr dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP Server Update and Question
 Date:  Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:38:08 -0400
oh boy, here we go again :)

I think it's fairly safe to say that no one else is working on this
right now. There have been several discussions about adding additional
functions (including squid, I believe) to m0n0wall. Most are met with
stiff resistance, since Manuel (and others) feels very strongly that a
firewall is a firewall is a firewall. Not to mention that m0n0wall is
designed to run on an embedded device.

That's not to say that no one will be interested if you go through with
it. There are lots of us running on generic PCs with plenty of memory
and disk space who would love to test this for you.

have fun
Dave