[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mono on the nokia ip110
 Date:  Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:06:55 +1000
Hi All,

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 18:36, Dave C. wrote:
> > I think that all boils down to the IP110 using an old seeprom map.
>
> I did some more testing and I can confirm this is indeed the problem.
>
> I modified the rc boot script to reconfigure the mac address on each reboot
> like this:
>
> /sbin/ifconfig fxp0 ether a:b:c:d:e:f0
> /sbin/ifconfig fxp1 ether a:b:c:d:e:f1
> /sbin/ifconfig fxp2 ether a:b:c:d:e:f2
>
> and the interfaces now work.
>
> So, my question is... how do I reprogram the eeproms holding the mac
> addresses, or..... how do I fix fxp to read those addresses?
>
> Thank you,
> Dave.

As I'm about to add a m0n0wall section to my quarkav.com (and
quarkit.com) website, I'm interested in this.  I'll have a "m0n0wall on
esoteric hardware" section that this information will be happy in.  :)

Rock on m0n0wall!

--

Regards,

         Quark IT                http://www.QuarkAV.com/
(Brisbane, Australia)            http://www.QuarkIT.com/

				http://www.mamboband.org/

  Network Administration, m0n0Wall Firewalls, NOD32 AntiVirus