[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason" <jason at oranadisability dot com>
 To:  < m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Minor problems
 Date:  Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:35:55 +1000
Heres 3 questions for anyone who can help,

1. Wireless - would I be better off getting a AP or a PCI card for my monowall router ? card would
be preffered as machine is Cel366 with several PCI slots spare. On a similar note, where and what
cards would be easiest to get in Australia tha work with m0n0 ? my notebooks only have orinoco 11B
cards in them, so B is all I need.

2. WAN - how to set this interface up, I have a Billion 5100 router atm, and the interface is
plugged into this to get internet, I have tried Static IP & DHCP & PPPoE (with router in bridging
mode) and none of the above will even let the monowall machine ping out... I am using iinet incase
anyone wants to know.

3. Traffice shaping - someone meantioned there was a basic instruction file floating around for
this, could I please have a copy to make sure I have mine configured correctly please.

Thanks for your time,
Jason Hall
Orana Disability Sales and Service
92 Victoria Street