[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Weston <fred dot weston at daytonawan dot com>
 To:  Jason <jason at oranadisability dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Minor problems
 Date:  Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:54:03 -0400
Jason wrote:

>Heres 3 questions for anyone who can help,
>
>1. Wireless - would I be better off getting a AP or a PCI card for my monowall router ? card would
be preffered as machine is Cel366 with several PCI slots spare. On a similar note, where and what
cards would be easiest to get in Australia tha work with m0n0 ? my notebooks only have orinoco 11B
cards in them, so B is all I need.

>2. WAN - how to set this interface up, I have a Billion 5100 router atm, and the interface is
plugged into this to get internet, I have tried Static IP & DHCP & PPPoE (with router in bridging
mode) and none of the above will even let the monowall machine ping out... I am using iinet incase
anyone wants to know.

>3. Traffice shaping - someone meantioned there was a basic instruction file floating around for
this, could I please have a copy to make sure I have mine configured correctly please.

>Thanks for your time,
>Jason Hall
>Orana Disability Sales and Service
>92 Victoria Street
>Dubbo, NSW, 2830
>Ph: 02 6882 9029
>Fax: 02 6882 5994
>Email: dubbo at oranadisability dot com

As for PCI cards, you may be able to find older D-Links based on the
Prism chipset.  The easiest way to go is probably to buy a PC card and
use a PCMCIA => PCI converter.  www.netgate.com is a good source of
quality wireless cards, they are a bit more expensive than what you can
pick up on eBay though.

--
Fred Weston
DaytonaWAN Networks, Inc.