[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Margret Treiber" <mtreiber at avectra dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  LAN router question
 Date:  Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:06:15 -0400
Hi all!

I am new to this product and I am trying to use it for a slightly
unconventional purpose.

I am working on a solution to alleviate some of the load off of our
firewalls.  I want to use monowall and a LAN router, without enabling
the firewall features.  I am placing it before our existing firewalls,
and making it route local LAN traffic.  We have 3 /24s and I just want
to route them so the local traffic never hits out fire walls but the
outbound traffic goes out to one of our 3 lines.  How can I

a) Add multiple IP's and gateways to the WAN interface and save it in
the configuration?

b) Add multiple IP's to the LAN interface without gateways?

c) Do I need to make the wan have the /24 and the LAN /32?  Or is it the
other way around?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Your help is appreciated.