[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dave Aksteter" <daksteter at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PCMCIA Ethernet cards not supported?
 Date:  Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:38:14 -0500
I've been trying to get a laptop up and running with m0n0wall for a few
reasons (smaller, less power consumption, etc.)  It's an older Toshiba that
I don't have much use for anymore.  Anyway, I've got a Linksys USB10T that
works fine with m0n0wall and comes up fine.  However, my 16-bit PC Card 3Com
3C574-TX doesn't seem to do anything.

I've checked the pccard.conf file in mfsroot and I see that nothing but
wireless cards are listed in there.

What do I need to modify to get this 3Com working in m0n0wall?  Or should I
just save myself the trouble and get another USB ethernet adapter?  Will the
bandwidth of a single USB bus with two ethernet adapters on it be enought to
support a 256/3000 cable connection or am I asking for trouble?

Thanks in advance for any help

DMA