[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Weston <fred dot weston at daytonawan dot com>
 To:  John Black <youcannothitwhatyoucannotsee at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris 4801 + m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:53:33 -0400
John Black wrote:

> I have a problem installing m0n0wall on a soekrisboard. I have a
> Soekris 4801 and a 32Mb Kingston CF.
>
> I have downloaded net48xx-1.0.img and flashed the image on the CF
> using physdiskwrite and a USB CF-writer.
>
> But, when i boot the Soekris, everything goes right up to:
>
> <cut>
>
> FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.8
> (root at nb dot neon1 dot net, Mon Jul 28 20:31:49 CEST 2003)
> /kernel text=0x198300 data=0x23d14+0x1c790 syms=[0x4+0x2a720+0x4+0x315fa]
> Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
> Booting [kernel]...
>

> After that, no human readable output is visible. Only something like
> this:
>
> <cut>

> <cut>
>
> Does anybody have an idea of what the problem can be (i did install
> the newest bios). If you need more information, please do ask.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jeroen Hermans

I would venture to guess you have a Soekris-incompatible flash card.
There was talk on the Soekris list sometime late last year about a
conclusive list of cards that would work, so you might try checking
there to see if it is available somewhere. I have only used Sandisk,
since it seemed to be one of the most recommended brands.

--
Fred Weston
DaytonaWAN Networks, Inc.