[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  The Wandering Dru <dru at druswanderings dot net>
 To:  John Black <youcannothitwhatyoucannotsee at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris 4801 + m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:23:21 -0500

John Black wrote:

| I have a problem installing m0n0wall on a soekrisboard. I have a Soekris
| 4801 and a 32Mb Kingston CF.
| I have downloaded net48xx-1.0.img and flashed the image on the CF using
| physdiskwrite and a USB CF-writer.
| But, when i boot the Soekris, everything goes right up to:
| <cut>
| FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.8
| (root at nb dot neon1 dot net, Mon Jul 28 20:31:49 CEST 2003)
| /kernel text=0x198300 data=0x23d14+0x1c790 syms=[0x4+0x2a720+0x4+0x315fa]
| Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
| Booting [kernel]...
| After that, no human readable output is visible. Only something like this:
| <cut>
| þ~~~x
| <cut>
| Does anybody have an idea of what the problem can be (i did install the
| newest bios). If you need more information, please do ask.
| Thanks in advance,

The soekris defaults to a higher baud rate for the console output(19600
if memory serves).  Change the sokris baud rate to 9600 (in the bios),
adjust your terminal program accordingly and all should be well.

- --
The Wandering Dru             GnuPG Key: 0x506A915F

Get nifty TCLUG merchandise at the TCLUG Store!
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (MingW32)