[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Murphy" <barry at unix dot co dot nz>
 Subject:  DS/2Mbps Brought up before .... Fix for it
 Date:  Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:11:17 +1200
Hi,

I have brought this up before and there was much discussion about it
being caused from having 2 cards too close to eachother. Doing an
ifconfig through exec.php it shows my second wireless card only having a
DS/2Mbps, I recently setup a m0n0bsd and saw that I got the same
results.

After logging into my m0n0wall and firing up exec.php I run the ifconfig
command and set :
media DS/11Mbps mediaopt hostap

This changed the device into DS/11Mbps instead of 2, the speed has
improved big time, however I can't find the php file that actually adds
the device, I think this needs to be changed to inclide the media
DS/11Mbps .

Barry