[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Christian Hjalmarsson" <christian at hjalmarsson dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IDENT on port 113
 Date:  Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:20:34 -0700
"Normally" from my experience, servers will ignore a reject on ident, but
wait for no response at all...

The easy way to do what you need (maybe not what you want though) is to just
reject the ident requests... most ftp servers and mail servers expect a
reject and will just continue processing - I've only seen a few that refuse
login unless a valid response is returned - IF that is your problem, I've
seen a bogus identd config that will return a bogus user ID regardless of
who sent the packet - which could be used on one machine to fake for all the
others.

That help?

m/