[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bert Mittelstedt" <mittelstedt at ferrari dash electronic dot de>
 Subject:  Some Services don't work after forced disconnection
 Date:  Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:20:58 +0200
I have DSL-Connection. And it's normal in germany to force a disconnect
every 24 hours. The m0n0wall connects again after a few seconds. This
works fine. But at this time I know 2 services that do not work anymore.

1.	vpn-passthrough from a client behind an m0n0wall to a
destination in the internet is not working anymore. Works again after
more than 10 minutes waiting.
2.	SIP-Telephone: it isn't working after the reconnect. This is
permanent. Also restarting the Telephone does not help. Here it helps to
restart m0n0wall or reset state.

Vpn is a thing I can live with, because the forced disconnect often
happens in my absence. But the SIP-Problem is annoying. Is it possible
to force a reset state after reconnect?

Bert