[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jago Pearce" <jago25 underscore 98 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Adding Speedtouch USB support
 Date:  Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:31:32 +0100
Just trying to get a handle on how hard this is going to be before I start.

(I fancy m0n0wall; looks good (especially the bandwidth shaping) and a nice
way to get BSD into the LAN)

I'm using:

- 64mb CF; plenty of space
- p133; silent
- 100m/bit
- Alcatel Speedtouch USB ADSL modem; actually not much point in buying a
proper modem, this one seems to work well given a dedicated router and
enough power
- NO other FreeBSD install on the LAN anywhere; problematic for kernel
recompile?

Can I recompile a new BSD "kernel" (correct terminology i guess since
Windows uses this word), without running BSD? I take it I need to add USB
and ugen? What are the present kernel options?

(http://www.xsproject.org/speedtouch/)

Then I have to do scripts I guess.

The other reason for this email is just to draw attention to USB modems.
-----
Thank you for your time. (Please Type "REPLY:" in subject field if you wish
to highlight your response, thx).  jago25 underscore 98 at catholic dot org is just my email
provider of choice, that's all; I agree with thier policies over email.