[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Public IP on Lan Interface
 Date:  Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:58:52 -0400
I used the multi-view DNS work around.  A client inside my network resolves
a domain (like www.insideandoutside.com as the non-routable 10.0.0.2 and
anyone outside still sees it as 216.xxx.xxx.xxx.

While probably not the best solution, nor the cleanest, most efficient use
of time/energy/computers, it works.  Only thing that becomes a pain is
making sure both views I use have the proper DNS info for the domain on each
side.

Its strange but my old linksys POS router used to allow me to reference the
WAN IP and get to the nat'ed server.  but it no longer fit my needs.  It has
to be possible without an exotic config needed from the user.

-Rob