[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sam Stauffacher" <sam at wuzzysoftware dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Duplicating traffic to two servers and rerouting traffic dynamically
 Date:  Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:44:53 -0700
I have this little dream of how I might be able to sleep better at night, it
goes like this:

I have two servers on my network, one is my primary server, and the other is
a backup. I'd like M0n0 to duplicate all traffic going to my primary server
to my backup server (real-time synchronization), and if my primary server
crashes, to dynamically reroute traffic to my backup server. I suppose one
way would be to continuously ping my primary server, and if it fails, reset
traffic to my backup. I'm not too sure about duplicating traffic though.
Could this hack possibly be done using PHP?

If someone cares to pinch me, please do.

:)

P.S.- Thanks for M0n0.