[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] cf-image
 Date:  Sun, 02 May 2004 07:08:31 +1000
Hi Fisch,

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 23:14, fisch wrote:
> hi,
> i have some understanding problems, I have a 128MB CF-Card and wrote the
> 5MB net45xx-image on it (using dd). Now I have a 5MB partition (hde4) on
> the CF-Card. What is with the 123MB left? How can I use this? Is it
> possible to mount the partition on a linux system? What filesystem is on
> it?

As the net45xx that you have is going to be used for a dedicated
firewall, and as that dedicated firewall only uses the CF to load the
image into RAM and then effectively unmounts the CF so that it is not
used except for saving changes to configuration information, there is no
need to use the remaining 128MB of this Flash card for anything at all.
Not only is there no need, there is also little practical,
security-conscious reason that  you would even want to use this 123MB
for anything.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/