[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Crowley" <jcrowley at kc dot rr dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DHCP Server Update and Question
 Date:  Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:07:37 -0500
Hi everyone, I am relatively new to m0n0wall development, but I am
planning on adding some functionality to m0n0wall to suit the needs of
my business.  Along those lines, I have a contribution and a question.

First, in order to use my current m0n0wall box as a DHCP server, I had
to make a minor addition to the DHCP server code.  I've attached two
files that contain the modifications.  This modification adds the fields
"filename", "next-server", and "option root-path" to the dhcpd.conf file
via the WebGUI DHCP config page.

/etc/inc/services.inc
/usr/local/www/services_dhcp_edit.php

Second, I am looking to add web proxy functionality to m0n0wall.  I am
currently planning on using Squid (www.squid-cache.org) to accomplish
this.  Is anyone else already working on a similar project?  If so, I'd
like to team up with you so that we're not duplicating efforts.

Thanks in advance.

Jason Crowley
Innovative Networks