[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "M. G. (Michael) de Bruin" <mg dot debruin at buum dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PCMCIA Ethernet cards not supported?
 Date:  Sun, 02 May 2004 23:13:06 +0200
Dave Aksteter wrote:

> I've been trying to get a laptop up and running with m0n0wall for a few
> reasons (smaller, less power consumption, etc.)  It's an older Toshiba
> that I don't have much use for anymore.  Anyway, I've got a Linksys
> USB10T that works fine with m0n0wall and comes up fine.  However, my
> 16-bit PC Card 3Com 3C574-TX doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> I've checked the pccard.conf file in mfsroot and I see that nothing but
> wireless cards are listed in there.
>
> What do I need to modify to get this 3Com working in m0n0wall?  Or
> should I just save myself the trouble and get another USB ethernet
> adapter?  Will the bandwidth of a single USB bus with two ethernet
> adapters on it be enought to support a 256/3000 cable connection or am I
> asking for trouble?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>

> DMA

What you could do pretty simple, is add the standard pccard.conf from a
FreeBSD install. You could either do this on-the-fly with exec.php and
then killing the pccard daemon, or you could build it into the image itself.

For your comfort, I've put the /etc/default/pccard.conf for a standard
4.9-RELEASE online at http://dwaalspoor.org/pccard.conf.

Cheers,

Michael