[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OT: soekris net4501
 Date:  Mon, 03 May 2004 15:23:24 +0200
> On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 21:44, Fred Weston wrote:
>
>>fisch wrote:
>>

>>>hi,
>>>i got my soekris net4501, on it is a memory-expansion slot. In the
>>>docu I didn't find anything about it. Does anyone know what kind of
>>>RAM I can put in?
>>>bye
>>>fisch

>>>For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>>>

>>Looking at:
>>http://www.soekris.com/Pictures/net4501_top.jpg
>>
>>I don't see anything that looks like a memory expansion slot.  The only
>>slots it should have are for CF and PCI.
>

> my soekris looks a bit different, between the CF-Slot and the COM-Port
> is a Socket, on the picture is there only a placeholder.
>
> bye
> fisch

Hi Fisch,

Hmm, looking at the "placeholder" on the picture, it does look like it
might be for one of those small RAM blocks used in laptops. But are
you sure it isn't for a PC-Card (or PCMCIA)? I seem to remember
Soekris offering boards with room for (for instance) a wireless LAN
PC-Card/PCMCIA card.

Adam.