[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Hoffman" <don at dhoffman dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] VoIP Conf
 Date:  Mon, 3 May 2004 06:54:05 -0700
I've often wondered about this.   I also use Vonage, and have no special
rules set up for it to work on my m0n0wall.  Folks on some of the VoIP
forums have often said you have to set up port forwarding, but I have never
found it necessary on either a Linux/iptables firewall, an embedded firewall
in a Linksys wireless access point, or now with m0nowall.

On reflection I assume that it is because I am always doing calls to/from
the PSTN with Vonage?  (Since I can't rely on outbound connections to a
publicly addressable server to prime my incoming UDP rules.)  I have never
tried a Vonage/Vonage call.

Now rules for traffic shaping are another matter....

Don