[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan Merrill" <milpo2717 at msn dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problems with Adelphia cable
 Date:  Tue, 4 May 2004 09:13:21 -0400
Team -

Recently, I have discovered that Adelphia is now doing MAC authentication
for their cable modem residential customers.  This means that you have to
tell what Adelphia what network card and MAC will be used to allow a DHCP
lease to be given.  This behavior also happens if your IP address changes
from a routable to a non-routable (i.e,. 192.168.x.x).

This same scenario happened here in Ohio.  How it was solved was by calling
Adelphia Tech Support, give them your MAC, and reset the cable modem.  Up
and running in 2 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan Merrill
CCA, MCP, Net+