[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alexander Goldstone <m0n0wall dash list at zander dot net>
 To:  fisch <fisch at conne dash island dot de>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple WAN IPs
 Date:  Wed, 5 May 2004 15:47:02 +0100
> > Is it possible to assign multiple IPs to the WAN interface?
>
> if your IPs are one network, so just put the network into the
> static-wan-section - is working fine here

We wouldn't want it to listen on all IPs on a subnet (I think this is what you
mean - appologies if I am wrong).

We are assigned 12 IPs from our ISP and need to make use of several of these for
different purposes.

For example, if we want 2 webservers behind the firewall we would need to
forward port 80 on one IP independently of port 80 on another IP.

Another example might be using an IP for a permanent VPN connection and another
for our roaming VPN clients.

The second example might be fine over one IP but the first example wouldn't.

Thanks for any help.

Alex.